Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Teach you to ignore my plea!

Since my open call for low-carb dinners and food options received such an underwhelming response (and when I say underwhelming, I mean 100% completely ignored on all fronts,) I have decided to torture my 3 of so loyal readers with the food options that I have creatively come up with on my own. :)

Today is Day 3 1/2 of low-carb lifestyle. While misery and overt crankiness has yet to set in, I have no fear that it shall shortly. Until then fair readers!

TANGY SLAW RECIPE:

- 3 TBL plain Greek yogurt (original recipe called for sour cream but I found Greek yogurt to be and exceptionally tasty substitute)
- 1/4 C orange juice
- 2 TBL lime juice
- 1 JalapeƱo - un-seeded and minced
- 1 C corn kernels
- Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste ]

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together (<-- I used on of the Club Fun Wisks Ashleigh!!) until fully encorporated. Pour over +/- 3 cups broccoli or cabbage slaw. Toss well and allow to marinate for at least 10 - 20 minutes.

I used this slaw to make blackened shrimp wraps: blackened shrimpies, sliced avocado and a heaping helping of slaw...scrumptious!

No comments: