Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Adventures before 7:30 AM

I woke up yesterday around 3:15 in the morning and could not go back to sleep. Drat. Around 5:15ish I gave up and just got up as I have previously determined that laying with my eyes closed does not in fact equate sleep. The restorative capabilities are quite disparate. In retrospect I maybe should have stayed in bed.

From my long and not-so-arduous journey to 7:30 AM, I ascertained the following things:

1. whisting shrieking shower heads are significantly more unpleasant and head splitting at 5:30 am than they are at 5:30 pm

2. changing your shirt 20 times does not, in fact, make your skirt fit better. I hear that exercise works but my parents are in town and I just can't take the time away from our intense eating and drinking schedule to find out.

3. One should never run red lights.

3a. City bus' should never run red lights

3b. Dora has spectacular reversing capabilities that prevented an Anna-Pancake from being made in the middle of 51st and 16th by said red light running bus

4. Skipping a coffee stop in order to ensure getting a spot in the close garage may seem like a smart plan, but when your are faced with no spots in the garage after all (at...ahem...6:17 am) you are required to deal with your fury without a coffee in hand or even the prospect of having coffee in hand.

5. Kindles are a very covert means of reading during a meeting, unless your book happens to be funny and you are unable to contain yourself in a moment of hilarity and snort coffee all over yourself. What?!? Is it not appropriate to snort with glee while people are discussing cancer treatment?!

No comments: