Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SOTD: You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go

I've always loved Bob Dylan's music but the love is much more for the poetry of his lyrics than the actual music.  As much as this may cause my Papa to think about disowning me, I continually find myself drawn to covers of his songs. Point in case,  I love his song "It Ain't Me Babe" but I prefer Johnny Cash's cover of it.  "Blowin' in the Wind" is a beautiful song but when I Grooveshark it...it's for the Joan Baez cover.  The only real exception to this trend is "Mr. Tambourine Man", to me Dylan just does it best. 

Generally I'm alright with preferring another performer - I mean, Johnny Cash is pretty legit but my love of Dylan covers has struck again and this time, the performer isn't quite as, shall we say impressive. This is actually difficult for me to type but...Miley Cyrus has a cover of "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go" and I like it.  I like it a lot and no amount of listening to Dylan's version is curing me of it.

So, here it is, my song of the day: Miley Cyrus singing Bob Dylan. (Please let me stay in the fam Papa!)


Favorite Lyrics:
Flowers on the hillside, bloomin’ crazy
Crickets talkin’ back and forth in rhyme
Blue river runnin’ slow and lazy
I could stay with you forever and never realize the time

No comments: