Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Brain

I learned a long time ago that by the time I'm willing to drink an Irish Car Bomb (3/4 pint Guinness with 1/2 shot Jameson and 1/2 shot Bailey's dropped in), I REALLY shouldn't be drinking one.  It's a questionable drink, I mean really, a drink that you have to literally drop the shot in and chug immediately or else it will curdle?  I'm going to repeat that: it will fucking CURDLE.  And so we chug it, as if our stomach acid is going to impede that curdling process.  So like I said, the minute someone says "car bombs!"and I think, "okay!" that's the minute I switch to water.  It's an imperfect system honed over the course of my freshman and sophomore years of college, it's not much but it's what I've got.
So you can imagine my disgust when, at the Great Outdoors in High Springs, I watched someone drink, actually drink, The Brain.

February 11, 2012
That any self-respecting bartender would swim a curdled Bailey's in what I'm pretty sure was whisky and grenadine is unbelievable in and of itself but that anyone would drink it?  That just narsty, is what that is. 

No comments: