Monday, February 27, 2012

The front porch looking out

A friend of mine from high school gave birth to twin girls this past week and in a Facebook post she thanked everyone for their kind words and said "if you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts.  This is what life is all about."

So, I don't know what it's like to have a child, much less two at once.  Honestly, there are a lot of life experiences that I haven't had yet, a lot of things that I look at, tilt my head and think...yeah, that'd probably be pretty cool."

But for everything that I haven't done or haven't figured out, there is a whole lot more that just makes me catch my breath with gratitude. 

Dinner on a Friday night with my sister and brother in law, laughing so hard that my stomach hurts and I can't catch my breath.  Having girlfriends who share their shoes and jewlery to make an outfit just that much better.  The opportunitiy forgive an old wrong. Ceiling fans. Beer.  Home, the view each morning as I pull out of the driveway on my way to work:
February 13, 2012
I clearly don't have it all figured out (and what ever would I do with the next fifty years if I had?) but for all the ambiguity that life holds for me right now...well it just ain't that rough.

No comments: