Friday, December 16, 2011

trying something new...

"To have something that you have never had, you have to do something that you have never done." 

There have been a lot of serious changes in my life this year, some have been happy but most of them have been...well, honestly a lot of them have been gut-wrenching and tearful.  I can't complain though because that's part of life, part of being a grown ass woman means that I have to participate in my own life even when I'd rather curl up and hibernate for several months.  But there's always sunshine after rain, even if you have to chase that sunshine down in car on the highway.  It was time for a change less serious in nature.  

My friend / hairdresser Nicole posted the following status on her Facebook a few weeks ago: 

"Looking for a haircutting model for this Sunday December 11th for our cutting class. Must be willing to have an avant garde cut and be free all day. This is free of charge, let me know!"

My gut said "yes please!" so, after confirming that mullets were off the table so far as style options went, I went for it.  

Before:
December 11, 2011

Best. Idea. Ever.  
Four hours and about...oh three pound of hair later, I have a new 'do. It's nothing I would have ever thought to ask for (or truth be told, even considered if it was presented to me as an option) but I like it! It's shorter than I've ever gone and I'm still not convinced that it doesn't accentuate my schnoozola but you know what?  It's hair, it's even (dare I say) good hair that will grow back over the next few months. It's different and different, it what I needed. 

After: 
December 11, 2011