Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Multicultural Christmas

Ever since Meredith and I made our  multicultural holiday trees a few years ago, I've wanted a menorah. I never got one because I was always afraid that it would be seen as offensive in some way.

This year though, I decided to go for it.   I like Menorah's.  I like the story behind them, I like the tradition and I think that they're pretty and festive. I'm sure that someone out there will find this offensive but, you know, I'm not particularly Christian either and yet I put up a tree and Christmas lights each year.  I've yet to find anyone offended by that (well, so far. That might change since I've now admitted to only being culturally Christian.)  So why not?  This is my holiday season and to go with my tree, I've decided to also have a menorah.

November 29, 2011
In accordance with tradition, the first candle will be lit on the twentieth.

2 comments:

Jenny Patteson said...

I am not offended by your lovely Jewish decor. Then again, essentially a cultural Jew here. But I want to know where you got it because mine is cute and all but yours is way cuter.

SoMuchToSay said...

I got it at Target! I'm so pleased that you like it!