Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years!

All last week I was thoroughly eaten up with jealous that 2/3 of Club Fun not only had the entire week off but also got a new puppy. It's not unusual that this particular 2/3 of Club Fun were in cahoots -- I came to terms with the inevitability of this when they got married. :) But they got to cuddle and play with a puppy IN THEIR PAJAMAS all day every day all week long. I assume that they probably got dressed a few times, but I have it on good authority that pajamas were still in effect at 4 pm at least two out of the last four days. So in honor of the South Florida branch of Club Fun AND to maintain my good standing as a founding member of this esteemed club, I started writing this entry from bed and IN MY PJ'S at two o'clock on this fine New Years Day afternoon. It's is now quite a few days later and I am sadly dressed and at the tail end of a rather productive day at work. Nevertheless. I was IN MY PAJAMAS allllllllll day on Friday!

WB and I had a New Years Eve par-tay this weekend to ring out the old and ring in the new. Since we and all that associate with us are wild and insane party people - we had an evening full of Things, Champagne Punch (good call Rachel!) pasta and other various shenanigans. Despite a moment of severe disillusionment upon finding out that most of my friends are rat bastard commies who hate ricotta cheese in all of it's creamy delicious goodness - it was (obviously) wall to wall pants-dropping craziness.

I haven't really come up with any stunningly insightful New Years Resolutions as of yet. I've been resolving to learn how to do a back handspring (or was it walk-over?) every year since I was in graduate school. It has yet to even come marginally close to materializing, there's just something about bending over backwards and aiming for the floor with my head that seems like a questionable activity. Maybe this is my year?



No comments: