Monday, January 25, 2010

People with whom I have nothing in common:

a short, non-exhaustive list:
1. Women who wear their hair down when they work out. I'm not even going to stratify this group between those who just can't seem to be bothered by a pony-tail holder and those who spray, coif and curl. I find you all equally disturbing.

2. Rush Limbaugh

3. Parking lot lurkers
Seriously, I know who you are. You're the people eating Lean Cuisines and rice cakes and telling your doctors that you don't know why you can't loose weight. Take that 20 minutes you spent this morning lurking in the close parking garage
(i.e. blocking traffic and being wholly annoying)waiting for a spot to open up , park in the "far" garage AND THEN WALK!

4. People at the grocery store who stop their shopping carts in the MIDDLE OF THE AISLE to organize their coupons.
If you do not realize that this is a pre-shopping activity that is best done in the car or at home, we can't be friends.

5. People who try to strike up conversations at the gym
I'm RUNNING here! This means that I am out of breath and if you're not, it means you're not doing it right! (I get a little cranky when I run :) ) This particular entry also includes dentists who ask detailed questions while elbow deep in my mouth, not cool.




2 comments:

Katie said...

Okay, I've read this one several times now. You need to post something new so I have something else to read while procrastinating!

Andrea P. said...

So, yes, it might *actually* be 1:20am on a Tuesday morning... And I might *actually* be reading your blog for the first time. But please forgive me... I had to comment, given that it seems we sometimes share the same brain. Ahh, the woes of gym-goers and Shands parkers alike...