Monday, June 20, 2011

3 Meals a Week is all a working girl needs

I'm not sure when it happened or even how it happened but I'm coming to enjoy cooking. I especially love to cook when I don't have to cook.  There's something about knowing that a peanut butter and jelly sammich is just moments away makes me want to chop, dice, mix, puree and (this one in particular) stir.  Stirring veggie ragouts or brownie batter makes no difference, I just like to stir things.  I'm starting to think that this is a genetic predisposition because my sister has the same affinity, as was proved by the cranberry sauce debacle of 2005. 

I've been setting a lot of a goals lately. Most of these goals are small, they are tangible and they are so far from earth shattering that at face value they are a little pathetic but they are achievable.  The hope is when these small and slightly pathetic goals have been met, I can set more small and slightly pathetic goals and one step at a time I'll get closer to being the person that I want to be and living the kind of life that I want to live.

One of these goals is to cook three meals a week.  It's nothing compared to what some of my friends do even in a single day, but this is me and in my life, cooking three healthy, tasty, veggie filled meals a week is something that doesn't happen right now but with a little bit of effort, could.  So on tap this week:

Bean and Hominy PotPie (courtesy of Eating Well magazine)


Greek Zucchini Fritters with Tzatziki Sauce and green salad.

Cilantro Lime Chicken with avocado salsa. (Pictures to come.)

No comments: