Tuesday, June 15, 2010

To Kate

Note to reader: if you're not Kate, some of this is not going to make sense.  Okay fine, MOST of this is not going to make sense and for this I do apologize, but Kate is one of my oldest friends.  If enduring me for the vast majority of her life is not enough to deserve a dedicated post, she also has a fabulous, fully worthy of reading blog of her own.  (Check it out here) I started reading late but I've been workin' on it and I'm finally caught up with the present and I have some comments that beg to be shared.  I'd save you the time of reading the first five lines of this before clicking away (are you still here!) but new comments on old blogs rarely get noticed and you know me, I'm not one to be subtle!


1.  I can't BELIEVE that you slandered Tim Tebow on the Internet! (Don't believe me 'cause you can't believe that someone would do such a thing?  I know, but check it out here.)  While I too may have channel surfed during his well publicized anti-abortion commercial (get a uterus AND a vagina and we will talk), I just have to say:
That is all.

2. Dude - I can't believe you're getting married!  Congratulations mi amiga - I hope and wish only for the best for you and Scott. 

3. A suggestion for the continued efforts towards Goal #23: Learn World History.  Four words home girl: World Map Shower Curtain.   You will for rizzle find countries that you didn't know existed AND it makes showering an educational endeavor that can be reasonably prolonged. :)

4. You talk a lot about your religion and beliefs on your blog (here, here, here and especially here) and I truly admire the balance that you are seeking (dare I say achieving?) between the dictates of your faith and the values by which you live your life.   I often get riled up over religion because what we hear in the news is usually the work of far right leaning fundamentalists, you remind me that just because they're loud does not mean that they are necessarily representative of Christianity as a whole. 

5. The 6 word essay by Ernest Hemingway that you posted?  (For those of you who are wondering: For sale.  Baby Shoes.  Never Worn.)  Yeah...I've been thinking about that ALL FREAKING DAY.

6. You are nothing if not ambitious.  You want to write a love poem IN FRENCH?  I'm just hoping to some day write a decent love poem in English some day...

7.  Thanks for the shout out oldest friend!  It was so awesome to see you when I was in Chicago - thank you so much for fitting me in to your busy adult schedule!


That is all.  :)

3 comments:

KJ said...

you made my day x 1,000.

You are the BEST.

KJ said...

Minus the whole TT thing... I suppose we can agree to agree.

(Or not! Tebow sucks! :)

Ashleigh said...

Yay world map shower curtain! You forgot to say that you have to use it as the inside liner so you can actually read it while you shower!