Thursday, June 10, 2010

Quote of the Day: Elizabeth Gilbert

 Every time I go downtown in Gainesville, I find myself being a little (or more than a little) judgmental about a lot of the girls / women I see down there.  Then I read this quote and I remember... life is a learning curve.  Some people learn faster than others.  Some people had better role models than others.  I was blessed with amazing, strong, intelligent role models and I'm still figuring it all out.

"What you have to understand is that we live in this time of this radical new social experiment and I think that sometimes we forget how new it is.  And that radical, unprecedented new social experiment is what happens if we give women autonomy , education, finances and control over their sexual biology.  What happens if we give you all this freedom?  What are you going to do with it?  We only have like two decades of role models on how to do that."
- Elizabeth Gilbert

No comments: