Friday, December 18, 2009

blogging goes in waves

I have noticed that I blog in waves. There are days when there are just so darn many inconsequential things to ponder and inflict upon you, oh gentle reader, and then there are spans of time in which I fear my brain has atrophied. I have no explanation for this, but since it's been a week or so since I last expounded unnecessarily upon the workings of my life I'll just hit the highlights.

Wes' Pop-Pop, Frank A. Ramsden Sr. passed away last week. I only met him once but in that one meeting realized how much I owe to this man who made the man that I love, who he is. I learned that the liking that I automatically took to him (who wouldn't love someone who calls you a 'beautiful Polish woman' within 30 seconds of meeting?!?) was the rule rather than the exception. He was a brilliant soul and he will be greatly missed by so many people

I officially made it through the Atlanta airport, not once, but TWICE over the course of three days! Dare I venture to hope that the Curse of ATL might be broken??! Or have I just used up all of my good travel karma and now find myself doomed for Christmas?

For the first time ever, I disagree with Dooce. I am a complete fan of using "freaking" and "frickin'" in place of throwing down the f-bomb. Yes - I recognize that everyone knows that I'm really just itching to say FUCK!! But sometimes, an f-bomb just won't do and a "freak!" will.

I've been low carb-ing it for the past two weeks and would like to send out a giant nod of appreciation to everyone who has put up with me during this time of carbohydrate deprivation. Nurse Leslie, Laura and Wes, this means you. I refuse to zero carb it because honestly, a diet in which most fruits and a lot of veggies are off the table just seems counter productive to me. It seems that by making this logical decision I have doomed myself to the slow and steady as opposed to drastic weight loss.

Jen came to visit! She and Andy moved to Charlotte about 4 months ago and we have missed them! Wish that Andy could have come down also but it was great to see Jen again if only for a weekend! COME AGAIN SOOOOON!

I palpated an enlarged spleen! Granted I didn't know at that time what a regular spleen is supposed to feel like but splenomegally (what a great sounding word for a not so great symptom!) is pretty distinctive. All of this was done in the continue endeavor to learn as much as I can Myelofibrosis, yet another disease that I've put on my "do not get" list. Seriously though, if I had known that biology could be this crazy / amazing, I would have taken WAY more of it in college.

I got a Christmas card from Barack and Michelle Obama! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

No comments: