Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Kaitlyn Grace

On April 16, 2012, Kaitlyn Grace Kieszek left us.
I lit a candle that night to help light her way on the path to wherever we go from here and I said a prayer so that she might be reassured on her journey by familiar voices assuring her that there was nothing to fear.

Usually I find comfort in admitting that I don't know what happens when we die, in giving that up to someone or something greater than myself.  I am finding small comfort in admitting that I don't understand why Kaitlyn was taken from her family so young, why her bright light was taken from us all.

What I do know is that Kaitlyn, you are missed and even in your absence you are loved dearly. Your near constant smile, your charisma and and your determination to not only achieve but to simultaneously find joy in those efforts, has touched and inspired me.  I hold you close to my heart.

I will miss watching you grow but I am comforted in knowing that you are at peace and hopefully enjoying the Popsicles and swimming pools that I am certain were waiting for you.





1 comment:

Sally B said...

A beautiful tribute, Annie.