Thursday, March 1, 2012

Operation Chana Masala

I heard that when it comes to food there are two kinds of people: people who eat to live and people who live to eat.  I assume that if I were one of the former I'd be much thinner as I've heard people of this persuasion express their complete satisfaction at all but living on toast and fruit.  I've even heard one say that they just "don't have much interest in food."  DON'T HAVE MUCH INTEREST IN FOOD?!  If you expect to be my friend and you don't enjoy food, you'd better be bringing something fan-damn-tastic to the table in exchange.
 As it is I live to eat and while I'm clearly not ashamed of it, I'd like to make a reasonable love affair, one that doesn't result in my being a blobby extra in Wall-E the TV show. 

This quest for delicious and healthy food has lead me to Indian food. It's fragrant, complex in flavor but simple in composition.  It's often vegetarian, yogurty (which isn't a word but it should be), high in fiber and low in sodium.  It's exactly what I was looking for. 
February 15, 2012
It also satisfies my love of concocting in the kitchen.  Presiding over sizzling spices, simmering pots and sauteeing vegetables.

And for my next trick, I shall find someone too cook for. :-)

No comments: