Friday, March 2, 2012

Club Fun gets comfy and snuggles

Life seems to be speeding by uncomfortably fast these days.  I'm not sure where the weeks and months are going but it seems that as soon as I'm bemoaning Monday morning, it's Friday afternoon and I'm off again.  It isn't unpleasant so much as different, unfamiliar and, to an extent, unsettling.With time hurdling past, you can imagine my relief when one four hour drive brought me somewhere more familiar: the South Florida Club Fun Clubhouse.

There were prezzies from El Senior, matching ForeverLazies for those frigid South Florida nights when our matching Christmas pajamas just aren't warm enough. 
February 17, 2012
Then, after a morning of hauling 400 pounds of organic soild and turning it into an organic vegetable garden while El Senior manned the child care / sleep battle station, we celebrated by taking the Jackers to the beach. 
There's something about being at the beach that makes me believe in something greater than myself.  I vacillate between thinking that it's the vastness of sky and the ocean, or the rhythm of the waves, or even the wind.  There's something about wind that makes me close my eyes, breath deeply and lift my heart to the sky.  At this particular trip, I turned away from the ocean, the sky and the wind and found my favorite people. 

Perfection.
February 18, 2012
And I got to spend some good, down-home quality time with my JackJack.  Here and now, I freely admit that I am on a one-woman quest to become fun Aunt Banana...his favorite Aunt. 
February 19, 2012

No comments: