Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving, I boycotted cleaning my house.  After several years in a row of hosting dinner at my house, admittedly for people who couldn't have cared less if I had cleaned but my Mama taught me better than that.  So this year, in an attempt to celebrate circumstances that may otherwise seem undeserving of celebration, I did not clean.   I slept in, I had some coffee and worked a little on my knitting but I did not clean. 

The day was beautiful: blue skies, white fluffy clouds and an abundance of sunshine. All on it's own it was a day to be thankful for but then you add in spending it with fun people, eating delicious food and drinking coffee sweetened with heavy cream after supper?  It was a good day.

The Hostess with the Mostest
November 24, 2011








No comments: