Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Challenge: 2 weeks on $200. Take 1

This past month I managed to accidentally double-pay my car payment. :-( While I probably could have called the bank and reversed the second payment, there are far worse things than being ahead on one's car payment so I decided to let it roll and just be a bit better on the budgeting these past two weeks. 

The Challenge?  Two weeks on two hundred dollars. 

This shouldn't have been hard, there were times in college that if I'd had two hundred dollars for two weeks I would have considered myself to be living large.  So if you're sitting there thinking, "two hundred dollars for two weeks?  pshaw! I can do that!"  Well that's what I thought too, then I got to Tuesday and had to make the choice: stick to the budget or go buy some veggies to eat for dinner.  And I ask you, if you had to make the choice: ass or bank account?

I decided in favor the best interest of my ass and relegated ten bucks to adding tomatoes, zucchini and asparagus to my dinner of chicken fingers.
November 15, 2011
So I didn't stick to my budget successfully and will probably come out about $40 over my goal. (I say this with the expectation that I will not have to purchase anything between now and midnight tonight.) So I'll just have to try again this week, starting tomorrow morning: how far can I make $200 take me?

No comments: