Sunday, October 23, 2011

Grammar is offended by you -- really and truly offended



On Thursday morning I got to work with the hopes that the tail end of my week would be better than the front end.  I made my coffee and opened up my email to find a forward from a coworker about a mama tiger raising piglets as if they were cubs.  It was cute but then, and at the very bottom of the email was this signature:

October 20, 2011

I accept that some people dislike President Obama with the same vigor that I used to reserve for disliking President Bush. I don't get it but I accept it, at work though?  Maybe just a titch inappropriate.

More important than expressing a vitriolic political opinion at work, "freedom," "guns," and "change" are not proper nouns,  You can dislike President Obama all day long but you can't capitalize shit willy-nilly, it's just not how it works!

On the behalf of grammar and punctuation, I am truly offended.

No comments: