Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, I think maybe this is because its based around something that I absolutely adore: social eating.  Social eating reached a whole new fever pitch this year: Wes deep fried a turkey:



I'm so thankful that Wes does Turkey duty on Thanksgiving, I'm generally not sqeemish about meat but preparing a turkey just really doesn't ring my bell.   So while deep frying a turkey makes me feel a little bit back words, it was super tasty and with the added bonus of freeing up valuable realestate in the oven. 

We sampled some of the worlds strongest beer: the Sink the Bismark:
AT 42% alcohol its much more akin to a shot of whisky then beer AND I can say from personal experience, it can be lit on fire. Yet we drank this, though admittedly not much of it.  It tasted a lot like I imagine drowning in jet fuel would taste. 

And then we ate:


What's there not to be thankful for this year?

No comments: