Sunday, November 14, 2010

Danger Mouse v. Gargamel

While we're on the topic of things that never actually change, add to that list the entertainment value inherent in bodily functions.  The Gator game last night was so disappointing that I'll skip right over it and move on the boxing match: Manny Pacquiao v. Antonio Margarito.  You know the game had to be bad when I'd rather talking about boxing.


So, Pacquiao vs. Margarito can best be likened to Danger Mouse fighting Gargamel:


Clearly, given my penchant for underdogs and those who resemble cartoons I was in the Pacquiao corner, especially after finding out that Margarito has a history of being a cheater.  Anyone who packs plaster into his hand wrappings not only defames the spirit of Rocky Balboa (who lets face it, is the standard by which I judge all fighters) but more importantly, earns my personal disdain.  I'm sure he lays awake at night mourning of the loss of my regards. Then...

THEN

I found out that Manny Pacquiao, the pride of the Philippines, drinks his own pee.   Yes, Danger Mouse drinks his own urine because it 'returns the nutrients' to his body.  That. Is. Disgusting.  I have serious qualms about rooting for someone who drinks their own pee.  This man also hold public office in the Philippine Government, how does one get elected when your pee drinking penchant is publically known?  Obviously this became a much mulled over topic and given how people rose to the occasion,  potentially the hightlight.  Only rivaled by the measuring of foot vs. forearm lengths, it was just another night in pants-dropping Gainesville, you know you're jealous.

Ultimately despite a significant weight and height disadvantage Danger Mouse triumphed over Gargamel in a decisive way. One thing I will give Margarita is that despite his mullet, that man is tough.  His face took a beating that makes me queasy and ultimately required surgery on his face to repair the damage done to his eye sockets.  That's one tough maniac, though I suppose if we compared his face to that of the guy who took a beating from his plastered hands...it might have been deserved.

2 comments:

The Barber Family said...

yeeaah, I'm pretty sure that is Mighty Mouse, not Danger Mouse

SoMuchToSay said...

ok - now two people have pointed this out. You wanna quibble about semantics? Fine...a supernatural mouse in spandex triumphed over a lurpy, greasy weirdo with a cat.