Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sometimes the heart wants what it wants...and sometimes it wins

About a month ago Wes' decided that he MUST have a Jeep.  While he's casually been talking about Jeeps since we first met met, sometime in the last month the intensity has been dialed up from a mild want into a burning, all consuming, mind-numbing, one way track to Robot Hell where we'll all drive Jeeps.  Next stop, Jeep town...and guess what, YOU'RE NEVER LEAVING!

All day long: Jeep, Jeep, Jeep, Jeep,  Jeep, Jeep,  Jeep, Jeep,  Jeep, Jeep,  Jeep, Jeep,  Jeep, Jeep,  Jeep, Jeep,  Jeep, Jeep,  Jeep, Jeep,  Jeep, Jeep,  Jeep, Jeep.

Before dinner: Jeep, Jeep.

During dinner: words, words, words, Jeep, Jeep,  words, words.

At bedtime: JEEP!!!

You may detect some mild irritation in my typing today but really, I do understand this burning like you're turning into a vampire kind of want.  I understand this, you see because a few months back I was struck by an inexplicable need for matching spice jars.  I know right? Since I didn't warn you to hold them on, your nipples probably just fell off with the excitement!! I didn't just want matching spice jars, I NEEDED matching spice jars.  I needed them like an OCD kid needs the tassels on the carpet straightened and the vacuum marks in perfect parallel lines.

I NEED these spice jars, 'cause see, they're all uniform and pretty.  They stack neatly and you can see the tasty, spiciness contained inside through the clear tops.  They come with labels that can be printed on a computer with matching font and type face.  I needed them.  I searched on line, in catalogs and in every kitchen store and town but I couldn't find the exact ones I wanted.  And so I suffered.  I lost sleep due to nightmares about disorganized kitchen cabinets and dinners botched due to spice confusion.  Every time I opened my spice cabinet at home I would shudder and throw up in my mouth a little bit.  It was awful.

I took my time though in search of the perfect matching spice jar set because I knew full well the heart wrenching disappointment that would ensue if I blew my load and bought a less than ideal set of jars.  And slowly....veery veeery slowly the unrelenting need began to abate.  Slowly but surely my rational mind returned and my want for matching spice jars became tolerable again.  I continue to search for the perfect spice jar that will function ideally within the pre-set structure of the kitchen and cabinetry.

So you see - I UNDERSTAND this crazy stage he's in.  I completely understand where he's coming from and so I sit back, amidst the piles of Jeep magazines (yep, those exist) and listen to my boyfriend.  It helps if I imagine him as a five year old explaining to me how INSANELY AWESOME his new tonka truck is. 

All this to say: our driveway now sports a new, ninja Jeep Wrangler:  And this Jeep?  It has a snorkel.  That's right, I said a snorkel.

2 comments:

Bostondreams said...

Cool. You have a blog! :)

SoMuchToSay said...

yes I do! who are you Bostondreams?