Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And this is why I didn't miss cable

Watching TV in bed is supposedly one of THE WORST things that you can do. (After drinking Diet Coke in all of its chemically goodness of course.)  It stimulates the brain and makes it difficult for good sleepers to fall asleep and next to impossible for insomniacs to turn themselves to the off position.  I always figured that my brain was more engaged when reading then when watching TV but apparently engaged and stimulated are two different demons.   Nevertheless, I've been watching TV in bed, right before falling asleep.  The call of The West Wing Season 1 is just to great.

It's because I have cable.

I haven't written a blog of worth in weeks.  Now that I've written that sentence, I'm now questioning the "worthiness" of any blog I've ever written. (Question though: if the entirety of this page is considered my blog, then what would we call each individual entry?  Are they also blogs? or perhaps blogettes? blobcicles?  Blobcicles it is!) I'm going to assert that based on mental health benefits provided to me by maintaining this blog that the blog itself is worthy, each blobcicle though...questionable.  Of late they've been infrequent and less original that I usually like to lay claim to.  It's not that interesting things haven't happened either.  I went to My Big Fat Polish Funeral a few weeks back, even if nothing else had happened I'd have blog fodder for WEEKS based on this!

It's the cable.

My books-I-want-to-read list is ridiculous!  It hasn't been this long since graduate school when fun books weren't allowed within my reach for fear of neglecting the piles of necessary academic reading.  While my list hasn't quite reached the epic proportions that it saw in the Summer of 2007, I also don't have quite the time crunch I did then.

It's the damn cable box and it's snazzy record-ability.

Why would I read, write or research when there's endless syndication of The West Wing, Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy?  ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT FOR ALL SIDES OF MY BRAIN!!

Seriously.  It's bad.  The gym is pretty much the only thing that hasn't fallen to the lure of the DVR.

No comments: