Sunday, March 7, 2010

Junior Leage, Schmunier League. I want to be a member of Piss and Moan!

As I have chosen today to be a day of absolutely nothing and have spent the better part of both morning and afternoon lounging in one context or another, I have taken a few moments to reflect upon the past week. I feel the need to inform you all that I was not alone in my bad attitude last week, that I in fact had some company. Fabulous pregnant coworker Laura was also approaching work from the a bad attitudinal location, and while for very good reason the details shall remain un-enumerated since I have indeed learned my lessons from reading Dooce. On Friday morning before anyone else got to work we shared a cup of tea and (here's the moment of enlightenment) pissed and moaned. We didn't have bad attitudes! We were forming the new Gainesville Clinical Research branch of the Piss and Moan Club!

Ahh the relief that washed over me when I made the connection. Alone I may have a bad attitude, but with a partner(s) in crime, we qualify for full fledged membership in one of the most illusive and sought after clubs of this century!

Originally founded in 1997 by Monica "Don't Hold Back" Stynchula and Nancy "Let 'Em Have It" Kukulka, Piss and Moan has a long legacy of providing mental health benefits and sanity to the more...shall we say observant members of society. Recognizing what incredible candidates we truly are I immediately contacted Piss and Moan headquarters and requested the bylaws so that we could be certain to adhere.

Piss and Moan Bylaws
Version 2.0
  1. A member can never piss and moan to much
  2. A member can never repeat the same complaint too often
  3. A listening member is required to reply to ongoing pissing and moaning with outrage, upset and unending understanding. The occasional "ain't it the truth, is helpful
  4. Embellishment is encouraged, humor is required, laughter is a must, creative complaining is essential
  5. Any attempts to be reasonable or resolve a complaint will not be tolerated.
  6. Refreshments are not just legal, they are required before a meeting can begin
  7. Rehashing old bitches is a must
  8. Members are required to never ever forget every detail of a previous complaint insinuating that it may have been too trivial to remember.
  9. No bitch is ever too trivial to remember, dredging up the past makes the present oh so much sweeter
Even without the foreknowledge of these rules I have to say that the first unofficial meeting of the Gainesville Clinical Research Branch of Piss and Moan did exceptionally well in keeping with the the spirit of Piss and Moan. The only exception being bylaw #6 which was not observed in it's original intent due to the very pregnant nature of one participant AND the need to meet while at work. There was however tea and cafeteria oatmeal, both refreshing and sustaining!
While a formal application to Piss and Moan has yet to be made, I feel quite confident that we will qualify for at least probationary membership and that my guilt surrounding The Week of Bad Attitude will be assuaged.

No comments: