Friday, November 13, 2009

There is SO something wrong here

After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that my immune system has gone MIA.

Clearly ImmuneSystem's loyalty has been compromised by Metabolism, whose absenteeism and lack of cooperativeness have been notable since I was about 10 years old. I've known for a while that Metabolism would ultimately have a negative impact on it's coworkers and low and here were are, ImmuneSystem which is either boycotting or on vacation. This departure has left me vulnerable to the ravages of every sniffly-snotty cold or flu-like illness that I come across. I am not okay with this and have lodged a complaint on the grounds that I wash my hands compulsively (thanks Mom!), take my vitamins, sleep sufficient amounts and excercise regularly. I feel as if I am doing my part and it's clearly time for ImmuneSystem to return from whatever lovely beach it is probably frolicking on with Metabolism.

In the mean time I am drinking tea and eating soup since that's about all that my throat is willing to permit. Which brings me to my point, there is something SO wrong with the saltine crackers sold in the cafeteria. They're oddly yeasty tasting and, dastardly to think much less type this: too salty. I know, I've betrayed my salt lovin' roots but IT'S TRUE!

<-- These suckers are supremely grody sherody. It ought to be criminal to ruin a good saltine cracker they way that they have. Nabisco Saltine, they ain't!

Now I understand that 'branding' as in brand names is largely pointless in most categories. In terms of medications, it's FDA regulated, thus Wal-itin is more or less exactly the same as Claritin. Toilet paper, paper towels, glass cleaner, mustard etc. you might as well save the dime and get store brand. Ketchup (Heinz! and especially not any brand that calls it katsup) coffee creamer, maple syrup etc. all make the "worth the extra dime" category in my mind. Add to that list:
Nabisco - I salute you for providing the world of sick people and bland food lovers alike with a crispy, leavened, and perfectly salty cracker.

No comments: