Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowed in? HA!

Sometime around June-ish, it's going to be hot, humid, muggy and buggy down here in good ole swampy Florida. I know that I will be suffering hugely in a few months but I somehow feel compelled to further bastardize my weather karma by gloating about the insanely beautiful weekend I had last week while those up north were preparing to be buried in snow and sleet.

There was a Club Fun gathering this past weekend for what is becoming a traditional Susan G. Komen 5K.  Ashleigh and I ran it last year while El Senior was in class on his way to becoming El Senior, MBA. This year he ran also (albiet much faster than we) and several of Asheligh's fellow ISR instructors and friends joined us for the walk. 


Saturday marked the second time in our friendship that Matt drove questionably fast to get me somewhere that I need to be.  Thankfully this time did not involve a jellyfish OR a shot in the "heep," but rather the need to get to the starting line so that Ashleigh and I could rock out a solid 12 minute mile pace.  For this I nominate him to become the El Presidente of Club Fun. 

After the race / walk we came to my favorite part of the 5K tradition: lunch and cupcakes. The lunch portion is just part of a normal day, though on this day the lunch was spectacular and satisfying to the max at CG Burgers.
The only thing better than a cheeseburger and a beer is a cheeseburger and a beer that have been earned.  I now dream of CG Burgers and sadly live far far away from them. 

So while lunch is a fairly commonplace occurrence, the cupcakes...now those are just plain celebratory.  Last year we stumbled upon the cupcake store -- this year we sought it out and it was just as tasty as I remembered. 
Yum dark chocolate, chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting, yummmmmmmm.

Day two in SoFla was equally as beautiful, even more so since we didn't have to get up at 530 AM to go running.  The sun out shining and we made our way to a lovely little restaurant on the inter coastal where we lounged in the sun while we waited for a table.

 Please note the fruity drink in the corner of the picture above because that fruity, delicious and refreshing drink turned out to be nuclear strength.  Don't let the pinky-orange color fool you, it's tropical Long Island Iced Tea and once you are 2/3 of the way through it you will be drunk and slurring charmingly about your life plans.

It was a lovely weekend that was topped off by a visit to Monica and Ozzie in Tampa where, true to form, I was fed and pampered beyond all reason. There was sushi, tuna tartar and IKEA.  Sigh...it's a rough life. :)

1 comment:

KJ said...

so jealous of everything in this post!