Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Cookie Bake 2010

There are some movies that just never ever get old.  I'm not sure what it is about them - but there's a handful of movies (Ocean's11, You've Got Mail, Love Actually and S.W.A.T just to name a few)  that I can just watch over, and over, and over without ever getting bored.  I know what happens and by this time I could probably recite most of them but they always help to pass the time when time passing is needed.

I'm thinking about this today because while I'm generally opposed to just having the TV on in the background, but I've been baking and cooking all weekend and have kept movies on in the background to keep from going absolutely bonkers.  It's the weekend before Christmas and along with my questionable decision to take on several large cooking projects about 30 seconds before needing the house to be so fresh and so clean clean, there are thankfully movies galore on TV to keep me entertained. 

Yesterday's task was cookies, cookies and more cookies.  Topsises of the list was my quintessential Christmas cookie: Julie Kearny's Gingersnaps.   Apparently these gingersnaps are the same as those made by my Great Grandmother on my Mama's side but hey, I know Julie and I remember eating hers and so I maintain: Julie's GingerSnaps. It just isn't Christmas until the Gingersnaps are made.  Second on the list was by request: Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss Cookies for the Wes.  I also made and froze some homemade sugar cookie dough to make Snickerdoodles later this week for Club Fun (they're an Ashleigh fave) and my sister who also loves them.  The amount of butter I went through on Saturday alone is sinful, but the results were tasty and festive: 
Cookie Exchange Boxes and some extras for the Wes :)

Today's project was Grandma's Pirogi but that, is a whole other post of it its own. 



No comments: