Tuesday, February 9, 2010

even better than bendy straws

Let's talk about cupcakes.

I may have mentioned before in this blog that I believe that life is all about the small things. Even if I haven't mentioned it though it ought to be self evident given the fact that I blog about bendy straws, nose picking and boogies. Admittedly the big things (work, relationships, exercise, food etc.) do take up a lot of time but those things are boring things. Why would we want to talk about those when there are politicians to eviscerate, teabaggers to make fun of and bodily functions to discuss!? Sadly enough though I suspect that the "teabaggers" have caught on to the colloquial implications of the term "teabagging" as they are only now referring to themselves as "members of the tea party movement." This is not nearly as funny.

I haven't made the time to do a whole lot writing / blogging lately, primarily because most of my neurons are focused on work. This and most of my thoughts have been a giant self aggrandizing pity party. You don't want none of that.

There was a whole lot of hurry up and wait right after I got my promotion and while I always knew that the fallow period would end I wasn't quite prepared for the return of rampaging insomnia to accompany the increased responsibility. Well it has officially ended, my sleep is less, my gym going in absolutely necessary and my days are 11 hours long. Maybe this is overkill. Okay, this is most probably overkill but I'm an overkill, perfectionist, anal compulsive, chart making, over preparing kind of girl. I want so badly to do this thing that they have hired me to do and I want to do it well. Success is absolutely not a forgone conclusion and I'm hanging on by my fingernails at the moment. For this reason I need to remember the small things, the awesomeness that happens in the brief interludes before or after work.
So let's talk about cupcakes. Not just any cupcakes but the fan-freaking-tastic cupcakes procured by 2/3 of Club Fun two weekends ago after puppy playtime. I'm talking about Cannoli Cupcakes:
And Carrot Cake Cupcakes:

I'm talking about potentially the most delish 10 minutes of the past few weeks.
Thank you Sabra for needing puppy play time, and thank you Asheligh for the fabulousness that is you. Only a real friend like you would respond to: "hey - is that a cupcake store?" with "let's go!"
God love ya!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Do you have any idea how hard it is to live within driving distance of that cupcake bakery???